Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday, March 30th Class Notes

March 30 Class Notes:

It is hard to believe on Wednesday we turn the calendar to April. Although winter seems to be really trying to hang on again this year. According to our class calendar (see Blackboard) we will finish our course by the end of the month. Below are some notes for the next Learning Module.
The next Learning Module (Learning Module Seven) requires reading only one chapter (chapter 13). We did not get to read all chapters in the text and I don’t mean to slight any of the topics, but it was just not possible to “get them all in.” I know many of you read the ones we didn’t cover on your own. PLEASE NOTE: You only have to respond to one of the two discussion questions in the learning module. But if you like, you can respond to both.

1. The reason I have scheduled the reading of only one chapter is I want you to spend the time finishing your papers. Some of you have yet to let me know your topic yet. It is important that you do so this week. As most of you know, the topics you have chosen are listed on our blog site. They look really interesting.

2. In the next day or two I will be sending to you the STEPS IN PASTING YOUR POSTS TO YOUR E-PORFOLIO. It is really easy and is basically a copy and paste exercise. You will only paste your original post you wrote to each question and not the responses plus your autobiographical sketch, etc. I will also share with you how to join our Elluminate session scheduled for the end of April.

4. Just a tip…. Complete your chapter, discussion and quiz early, don’t let things “pile up.” This will be a busy month for our class.

2 comments:

  1. Can you please go over the requirements for this paper? I can't seem to find much information (although perhaps I am looking in the wrong places). I assume APA format? Are Internet citations OK or do you require only peer reviewed works?

    I did send you an e-mail as well, but I thought that other students might be in the same boat in regards to the due date. I was going off the syllabus which says the paper is due 4/27, but I gather that is not correct?

    Thank you,

    Elin K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elin,

    Thanks for your questions posted on this class blog. Yes, other students who have the same questions as yours may get the answers from this class blog. You did a good job!

    The research paper should be followed by APA format. As for the paper requirements,
    I suggest that students apply peer-reviewed works more than the Internet citations on your research paper.

    Dr. T is out of town today; he will reply your question about the paper due as soon as he reads your posting.


    Hui-Wen

    ReplyDelete